The 5th edition of "Nanoworkshop", which was first organized in 2003 at University of Kiel, will be held at the Department of Chemistry of the University of Bari"Aldo Moro" in Italy from the 20th to the 22nd of September, 2011.
Nanoworkshop 2011 aims to bring together physicists, chemists, and engineers from academics and industry which are active in the fields of advanced preparation techniques, new material properties and industrial applications, in computer simulations and theoretical work. The nanocomposites may consist of polymer/metal in the shape of nanoclusters, nanotubes, nanofibers, and nanowires. Contributions discussing functional properties of polymer/carbon and polymer/metal oxide composites are also welcome.
The scientific programme will consist of oral invited lectures, topical presentations and posters. The exchange of knowledge and the discussion amongst participants will be favoured during the workshop and related social events.
Workshop venue ( Map )
Department of Chemistry
Aldo Moro University of Bari
Via Orabona, 4
70126 Bari (Italy)
- 1. PVD and CVD based preparation techniques
- 2. Preparation by wet chemical methods
- 3. Novel preparation approaches
- 4. Optical and plasmonic properties and applications
- 5. Magnetic properties
- 6. High-density data storage
- 7. Magnetic devices for GHz
- 8. Catalytic properties and reactive membranes
- 9. Electronic properties and devices
- 10. Biological and medical applications
- 11. Self-assembled polymer/metal composites
- Eva Kovacevic (University of Orleans, France)- "Plasma based formation of polymer-graphite nanocomposites"
- Lucia Curri (CNR- IPCF, Italy) - "Colloidal nanocrystals for nanocomposites:emergence of new functions in nanostructured materials"
- Mady Elbahri - (Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel, Germany) - "Plasmonic Metamaterials"
- Massimo Lazzari (University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain) - "Tuning the synthesis of metal nanoparticles by functional polymers "
- Davide Mariotti (University of Ulster, UK) – “Microplasmas for nonamaterial synthesis and surface engineering”
International Organizing Committee
- Francesco Fracassi – Chair (University of Bari “Aldo Moro”, Italy)
- Pietro Favia - Chair (University of Bari “Aldo Moro”, Italy)
- Riccardo d’Agostino (University of Bari “Aldo Moro”, Italy)
- Walter Caseri (ETH Zürich, Switzerland)
- Franz Faupel (Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Germany)
- Hynek Biederman (Charles University Prague, Czech Republic)
Local Organizing Committee
- Francesco Fracassi (University of Bari, “Aldo Moro” , Italy)
- Pietro Favia (University of Bari, “Aldo Moro” , Italy)
- Riccardo d’Agostino (University of Bari, “Aldo Moro” , Italy)
- Fabio Palumbo (CNR-IMIP, Bari, Italy)
- Antonella Milella (University of Bari, “Aldo Moro” , Italy)
- Eloisa Sardella (CNR-IMIP, Bari, Italy)
- Teresa Lodeserto (University of Bari, “Aldo Moro” , Italy)
- Grazia Retto (Plasma Solution s.r.l, Italy)
- Language: English
- Format: Word, please download the template for instructions
- Length: One page including references, pictures and figures
- Maximum size: 2 MB
- Abstract submission deadline: June 30th, 2011
- Early registration fee payment: July 15th, 2011
The registration fee includes: book of abstracts, coffee breaks, lunches, social dinner, and shuttle transfer between selected hotels and the workshop venue
Early registration fee (until July 15th, 2011)
- Regular: 360 EUR
- Student: 240 EUR
Late registration fee (after July 15th, 2011)
- Regular: 400 EUR
- Student: 280 EUR
Participants should register by filling in the registration form.
Registration fee must be paid by bank transfer using the following account coordinates.
Plasma Solution s.r.l
IBAN: IT78E010050400000000000 1293
SWIFT BIC: BNLIITRR
Accommodation ( map )
Participants can directly book one of the following hotels.
A limited number of rooms have been reserved and can be booked through the LOC at the following e-mail address email@example.com
Hotel Campus (in the University Campus close to the venue)
Even if most hotels are within walking distance from the workshop venue, a complimentary shuttle bus service will be organized from the suggested hotels to the workshop venue and vice versa.
Mrs. Grazia Retto
Tel: +39 080 4670650
Fax: +39 080 4670655